Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shiny Pieces


I found this beautiful black linen with one glittery side at Joann's on the clearance rack so I bought the remainder. I knew immediately I wanted to use it for a design I had been plotting. I made this little number to go out dancing, because I have no "going out" clothes! Although this may not be a good idea because the linen wrinkles so easily!

I completed this mini shift dress with a blind hem and used bias tape to finish the arm and neck holes.

I modified pattern R (i think) form the Stylish Dress Book vol 3 for a basic tank pattern and modified.

I am so happy to finally be sewing for myself again since the Burdastyle Book Project!

I got this beauty at the salvation army for 25% off of it $5 price take yesterday! I am so in love with it!!






3 comments:

yoshimi said...

You're so cool! The dress makes you shine.

Farrielle Design and Fashionista said...

Love the dress and the jewelry. I think it all looks so well together.

Karin van D. said...

You look completely ready for a wonderful night out. Very nice!