Friday, June 4, 2010

Crepe Cropped Poppies Top


  I found a yard of this poly-crepe chiffon in a remnant pile at Joannes for a dollar and some change, and immediately got giddy! It was the perfect fabric to do a knock off J Crew blouse that has been sitting on my desktop for some weeks. It is a basic one piece cap sleeve cropped blouse with gentle V-neck in the front and back.
I finished it with a turned bias binding, which is the first time I have used this technique. It was fairly simple and similar to a basic bias binding, assuming I did it correctly!


The hems look uneven, but that is due to the elasticity and lightness of the fabric. 




I really look forward to wearing this as a base layer under a blazer or cardi, and tucked into high-waists this Fall!


I used the bodice from pattern B in Stylish Dress Book volume 3.


+ I even have a little remnant of my remnant and am thinking of gifting a scarf as soon as I get my serger back and master rolled hems!!







seen here with my Scraps to Kasia Skirt (un-ironed! sorry)

2 comments:

marisa said...

looks awesome!

Heather said...

Working on that fabric is ambitious; it's not my favorite because it tends to slip while I'm sewing. Ugh. But your shirt is beautiful--love the design and print!