Friday, June 4, 2010

Capped Picnic Plaid Dress

I absolutely am obsessed with this dress. I haven't made many dresses that I really love to wear and/or can wear often, so I am pretty sure this will be a summer staple.

I used the Stylish Dress Book volume 3 again because it is the only pattern book I brought with me to NC. This pattern is G  seriously modified. I made a full facing pattern for the front bodice because the fabric is very thin. I also made the front on the fold and omitted the buttons. I changed the sleeve to a super cute cap, because the poufy-gathered sleeves were to feminine for me. I created a bias binding to finish the sleeve bottoms and the back neck opening. And I shortened the dress and did something of a faced hem to add length.

I really loved this project because I got to work with a plaid and match up lines in the waist, sided, bodice and hem. I especially love how perfectly the front bodice and its facing matches!

I kind of wish I had taken the time to do a blind hem, but other than that I am very happy, and cant wait to pair it with other belts and accessories!

More pics can be seen here and below at the continue on.


1 comment:

Heather said...

I followed your link from BurdaStyle--I am so excited to read your archives! I can see from just the first page that you have lots of fantastic projects. :)